At Urban Optics, we know every patient’s eyes are completely unique. Whether you have a chronic eye condition, a refractive error, or any other condition that requires ongoing treatment, you need one-on-one care to avoid complications and protect your eye health. You deserve an optometrist who will take the time to truly understand and keep track of your individual case. Dr. Matthew Greene, our optometrist in College Station, TX, is that eye doctor.
Dr. Greene treats a wide variety of conditions at Urban Optics. Using state-of-the-art technology and regular, comprehensive eye exams, your optometrist will make sure your diagnosis is accurate and your treatments are as timely and effective as possible.
Eye Conditions Treated at Urban Optics
Are you suffering from dryness, discomfort, or sudden loss of vision? Manu of our patients come to us with different symptoms and concerns, and our goal is to fully assess you so that we know how to proceed. Our optometrist in College Station has experience diagnosing and treating the following eye conditions:
- Dry Eyes – Chronic dryness may be a symptom of another condition, or your tear ducts may simply need help to produce enough lubrication for daily comfort.
- Glaucoma – This progressive condition may eventually lead to vision loss, so it’s important to personalize a plan to reduce pressure, reduce complications, and prevent blindness.
- Cataracts – Again, our goal is to diagnosis the earliest signs of cataracts, so that we can treat it and protect your lenses before surgical intervention is necessary.
- Eye Strain – Everything from computer screens to incorrect lens prescriptions can cause chronic eye strain, so our goal is to identify the cause of your eye strain and help minimize pain.
- Diabetic Retinopathy – Your eyes show the earliest signs of diabetes, and this progressive condition must be managed early in order to prevent vision loss and other symptoms.
Of course, these are just a few of the conditions we help manage and treat here at Urban Optics. No matter what your symptoms or diagnosis, our optometry team will work hard to relieve pain, restore vision and function, and reduce your chances of future complications.
Eye Treatments We Offer in College Station, TX
So, how will we treat your eye condition? Every patient gets a unique treatment plan to accommodate their unique eyes, lifestyle, health history, and more. However, some treatment techniques are especially common. Here are some of our most common eye treatments and eye care services at Urban Optics:
- Eye Exercises – Eye strain and certain vision conditions respond well to eye exercises, so we may guide you through repetitive movements that will reduce inflammation and “re-train” your eyes.
- Specialty Eyewear – Many vision and eye conditions make it impossible to wear traditional eyeglasses or contact lenses, so we offer a variety of custom prescription lenses for these patients, such as scleral contact lenses that arch over irregularly shaped corneas.
- Medicated Eye Drops – Artificial tears are helpful for patients recovering from LASIK surgery and tear duct procedures, and they also help improve quality of life for patients with chronic dry eyes and irritation.
- Glaucoma Treatments – We closely monitor internal eye pressure and make adjustments, such as medication, lifestyle changes, and more, to prevent this condition from causing blindness.
Of course, many conditions and illnesses require specialized care or surgical intervention. If you’re a good candidate for LASIK surgery, we will refer you to a local surgery center while handling all your pre-op and post-op eye care needs. We will also help you find a safe surgical solution for dry eyes, cataracts, and more.
Make an Appointment with Our College Station Eye Doctor
Do you suspect that you have an eye condition or illness? Put your eyes and vision first, and make sure your schedule an eye exam with an optometrist right away. Call (979) 690-0888 today to make an appointment with our eye doctor in College Station, TX.